MARSEILLE DEFEAT MONACO AT HOME

Marseille came from behind to defeat their hosts Monaco 3-2 on Sunday. The French sides approached the game with all seriousness as it was a derby of note. The skipper Radamel Falcao ahead of the game said they as hosts would give everything possible to claim maximum points especially as Marseille were “a direct rival for the podium.”

Monaco had a good run against Marseille but they could not repeat past feats, with Coach Rudi Garcia keen on a change in the run of things. Marseille were the first to go ahead at the stroke of half time. DimitriPayet sent a perfectly weighed cross that Kostas Mitroglou headed in.

Fernando Torres Is Aiming To Put Sagan Tosu On The Map Of World Football

Fernando Torres career has come full circle. He fell in love with the game from reading the legendary Japanese comic book "Captain Tsubasa." "I still remember when I was a kid, the signal on the TV wasn’t that good and it was difficult for me to get a proper signal on my TV, but I use to hear everyone in school was talking about this football cartoon comic from Japan," in an interview Torres said back in the year 2012. "This created my interest in the football game and that was the first contact I had with Japan." He said.

The football career last chapter that has seen spells with Liverpool, Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and over 100 appearances for Spain, is most likely to take place in Japan as he gets ready to make his debut for Sagan Tosu on Sunday.

For the Japanese fans, it is becoming an increasingly familiar sight. A big name and World Cup winner, scarf of a J. League club. It follows the arrival of Lukas Podolski and Andres Iniesta at Vissel Kobe. The trio from Europe has signed up for clubs that are not the Japanese elite traditional members. These stars not yet joined Urawa Reds, Yokohama F. Marinos or Kashima Antlers, but rather team Sagan Tosu and Vissel Kobe that has had never come close to winning the league title.

Fernando Torres Undecided Over His Next Move

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres is unsure about where he could be plying his trade next season. The Spain international is expected to leave Atleti at the expiry of his contract in the summer, but he has yet to decide on his next challenge. Speaking to Cadena SER, he said: “I have not made the decision. I will say it as I have said: that I leave Atletico. I will not continue in Spain. Europe? I don’t know. One has an idea that can then change.”

Diego Simeone-Fernando Torres Row Has Been Resolved – Diego Godin

Atletico Madrid defender Diego Godin has revealed that the public disagreement between manager Diego Simeone and forward Fernando Torres has been resolved. Earlier last week, Simeone had stated that he would not be fighting with the veteran striker who is unhappy with his present situation, and Godin has now clarified that a solution has been found between both parties.

Beijing Renhe Contemplating €8 Million Bid for Fernando Torres

Beijing Renhe have rejected suggestions that they are about to make an offer for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres, who may be set for an exit from the Spanish club for the second time in his career. Torres returned to the Vicente Calderon for a second spell at the club. He is a local hero at Atletico Madrid and even captained them at a very young age. Torres is expected to have a much lower first-team opportunities in the second half of the campaign, as Atletico have brought in Diego Costa as the new centre forward.

Balague quashes Torres to Newcastle rumour

With the transfer window fast approaching, the rumour mill is heating up and one of the more interesting ones out there concerns Fernando Torres and a possible move to Newcastle United.

It appears the connection between the striker and the club stems from the relationship between him and Magpies manager Rafael Benitez from their time together at Liverpool and Chelsea.

However, the respected Spanish journalist Guillem Balague has poured cold water on the rumour taking to his social media feed on Twitter stating,

Fernando Torres Happy to Just Represent Atletico Madrid

Atletico Madrid were able to begin life at the Wanda Metropolitan stadium with the victory over Malaga.

The 1-0 victory has helped the club remain closer to the top of the table. Antoine Griezmann came up with the only goal of the game, as he marked his return from a suspension. The second half goal from the French superstar once again highlighted the heavy dependency on him for the goals. Former Liverpool and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres continues to play a bit part role at the club, but that does not seem to worry the former Atletico Madrid youngster.

Fernando Torres Reveals Plans to Retire as Atletico Madrid Player

Atletico Madrid forward Fernando Torres has revealed that he end his playing days while representing the Spanish club.

The 33-year-old returned to the Vicente Calderon a few years ago after playing for the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea amongst other clubs. After coming through the ranks at the club, he went on to become the youngest captain at Atletico. His move to Liverpool came in the summer of 2007 and this brought out the best in terms of goals from Fernando Torres.

TORRES DISCOURAGES GRIEZMANN'S MAN UNITED MOVE

Fernando Torres tried to convince his teammate, Antoine Griezmann to remain at Atletico Madrid in the midst of the intense speculation that he could be in line for a staggering switch to England, Manchester United this summer.

Griezmann has found himself being linked with a move to join the UEFA Europa League champions, Man United.

Reports have it that the Red Devils' manager, Jose Mourinho has made the France international his top summer target and that they are ready to trigger his £85million release clause.

TORRES TO REMAIN AS ATLETICO WANT TWO STRIKERS

Atletico Madrid is set to retain striker Fernando Torres this summer despite looking to buy two more strikers.

Reports in Spain claim the coach Diego Simeone called Torres to his office last week and he told him that he has plans for him.

Pages